Végépâté is the bomb. This one is approved by my Meat-And-Potatoes-Dad. Need I say more?!
I don’t but I will a little anyway. I always have végépâté on hand as it can turn a few crackers + half a cucumber into a “complete” meal. The nutritional yeast really gives it a boost in nutrients (B12 + proteins!). I also like the fact that these are mostly pantry ingredients that I always have on hand.
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2C tahini
- 2TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2TBSP olive oil
- 1TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4C nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSP chopped herbs (I used parsley and dill because that’s what I had on hand)
- 1/4C water
- 1/2C sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper;
- In a food processor or blender, purée all the ingredients except the sunflower seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the purée with the sunflower seeds;
- Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, remove from the oven and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before enjoying.